This chain of activities simply shows how corrupt the world is. Everyone is simply after the green $. This act hasn’t been actioned as yet, but museums have been hit in the past. Only because of a rumour that a rhinos’ horn helps cure cancer ? How foolish. And like most rumours spreads like wildfire… But the effect of something so foolish is dramatic. In this case…
To break into a zoo – find ‘the’ animal enclosure in the dark – to kill an animal – walk away with the body part, in this case the horn – not be caught on any CCTV(impossible surely, big brother watches us everywhere) – meet the buyers – make the exchange (does not have to be in public) – buyer takes it to the airport to arrange transportation to hmmm would China be a good guess ?
There has to be someone in the UK airport who will be corrupt or half a sleep to let the horn thru and the same on the other side. Yet even after all these risks, people are willing to do it….
Why take that risk ? Well to me, the punishment given currently is not enough. To be honest people just walk free since there aren’t enough prisons. Well build some! The amount of money that it costs tagging this person, making sure they do not commit this kind of crime again. If they commit this kind of crime again then a priceless animal is killed etc costs build up. In prison, they are out of sight out of mind. If they want money, give them monopoly to play with! But build some damned prisons or a pit in the ground, infact the current prisoners can dig at that.
- Kill any animal should be imprisonment like you would to any human being killed.
- Imprisonment and confiscation of all bank accounts related to the person (inc any different names used)
- Passports should be confiscated (although many out there to forage them)
- Secure website solely for traffickers and killers, side and front facial view, full photo, description of person and of-course their main name and aliases used.
- When they leave prison, their new (lost weight perhaps) photo update on the site
- This is where Retina Scans in airport security should work a treat, which will also lead them onto ceasing the forged passport.
It is difficult to patrol any establishment especially if you do not know if anyone internally is maybe helping the foolish smugglers. But there’s not doubt about it, these animals are precious and security has to be on high alert, but the punishment when it happens has to be tough. Prevention is better than cure.